Right now, we as a collective consciousness are experiencing some truly dark and uncertain times. It has become the norm to feel this underlying hum of nervous and anxious energy on a daily basis, even when you are doing the most mundane of activities. People want and need a way to calm that energy, to recenter, and to ground themselves again.
As a modern spiritualist, podcaster, author and coach, I receive hundreds of emails and direct messages on my social media platforms asking me how to reconnect with source energy and feel less stressed, depressed, anxious and fearful.
My answer is unequivocally the same: Meditate.
I know that seems too easy. Too good to be true. You may have been taught that meditation goes against your religious beliefs. It also may feel fluffy and “New Agey.” But hear me out. In order to overcome the dense and heavy energies we are experiencing across the globe we must return to our true essence as beings of light sent to this earth on our own personal missions. We chose to come here and experience the year 2020 for a much greater reason than just posting on Tik Tok and hoarding toilet paper. We are here for the Great Awakening. For change. For empowerment.
In the words of French philosopher, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, “You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience.” For some, figuring out this truth can take a lifetime.
What the world needs right now, and more than ever, is to shift into higher states of consciousness. To leave our three-dimensional reality as we know it. To push away the labels, the drama, the materialism, and in turn shift toward dimensional timelines. To create and curate your new reality every day. The best way I know how to do that is to be still and meditate.
When you practice meditation you can connect to higher dimensions of reality where there is only peace, ease, abundance, and joy. These are the exact emotions we are fighting so hard to find right now. All that nervous, fear-driven, and anxious energy is actually a wakeup call to your soul. A call to action, if you will.
We are also fighting for the next step in our human evolution. We are laying down the foundation for this next phase of our reality to expose itself. We are fighting for the Age of Aquarius. No, not the song from Hair or the ending of The 40 Year Old Virgin. The Age of Aquarius is a real era we are living in and will continue to live in for the next twenty-five hundred years. The Age of Aquarius is all about the death of the patriarchy and the rise of the divine feminine. It is about unity, consciousness, freedom, humanitarianism, idealism, modernization, non-conformity, rebellion, equality, philanthropy, and perseverance. Those are all beautiful things and so worth the journey to achieve them.
This is a time of love, truth, and understanding—a true expansion of a higher consciousness. It’s a totally opposing ideal from what we and our ancestors have experienced. The divine feminine is rising and we must harness that power to make the life we have right now as happy and as wonderful and as meaningful as we can. By being joyful, purposeful, and filled with divine power, we can help heal the wounds of Mother Earth. We can make a difference.
I pray that your eyes are wide open right now so that you can see and experience this shift on a deep level. Humanity is having an expansion of consciousness and this will be a time where, if we desire to do so, we will rise like no other generation has done before. This time the changes will actually stick. Even though we may be feeling that this time is nothing but chaos, it is only through the chaos that we will achieve the enlightened state we are seeking…but only if we as a collective decide to do it together.
Taking time every day to practice entering a meditative state may seem frivolous, but it will help you master yourself. If we all master ourselves first, then the world will be shifted for our highest greatest good. Leo Tolstoy once said, “Everyone thinks of changing the world but no one thinks of changing himself.” We must be the change we want to see in the world and one of the first steps you can take is to take the time each and every day to make this practice part of your life.
You may be saying to yourself, “Yes this is all a nice idea, but I don’t know the first thing about starting a meditation practice.” I’ve got you, no worries. Here are my CliffsNotes:
- You can meditate anywhere. Make sure the space is sacred, comfortable and high-vibrational.
- If you are feeling spiritually adventurous you can meditate holding some crystals. I love rose quartz for times like these to help heal the heart, or black tourmaline to ward off and transmute negative energy.
- Start by taking in three deep cleansing Ujjayi breaths. Ujjayi is a breath that uses the diaphragm, which activates the chakras. Inhalation as well as exhalation is done only through the nose.
- Call in your posse. I say, “God, Universe, Archangel Metatron, my guides, my guardians, my ascended masters and loved ones who are no longer on the Earth—be with me now. Help me today to find peace, serenity, unity, and a higher expansion of consciousness. Help me to live in my truth and my purpose. Help me do your work and be the best I can be. And so it is.” If that’s too much for you, no biggie. Do your own thing. Just set an intention and say the words you need to say.
- Use a Mantra. You can say “I am enough…I am enough” and repeat those words over and over and over for whatever length of time you so choose. I like twenty minutes.
- Use a nice, soft alarm to signal the end of your session. Something that’s not jarring. You never want to be ripped out of a meditative state. Like my guru, Amita Chopra, says, “It can make you rough for the rest of the day.”
- Keep at it. They say it takes twenty-one days to form a new habit and actually make a new groove in your brain.